I'm working through TurboTax and I've been rudely awakened: I owe roughly $500 to the gubmint (Uncle Sam and the Peach State). It seems that UGA doesn't withhold enough federal taxes and no state taxes at all. (Did I notice this? Of course not!) Which means now, just before the end of the semester, almost half a paycheck will be dumped into the greedy maw of Big Brother. And here I was thinking I'd get some money back. And then there's Alabama, to which I owe all of $2--and due to some goofy error I can't understand, I can't e-file, but instead must use a paper form. (Which is probably a good thing, actually, since TurboTax is going to charge me $29.95 each for my state returns.) All for $2! Can't I just walk into a county courthouse or somewhere and throw a couple bucks at a security guard? Stupid, stupid, stupid.
The Fair Tax, people. And all this will go away...
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Taxes stink. But you know what does not stink?
lunchwithlincoln.com Check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fM_jkLeJkU
Post a Comment