Glad you appreciate the posting, though I think my lack of commentary may leave its presence at the Hermitage a bit ambiguous.
I tend Republican but I still admire honesty and forthrightness -- even when in support of positions I don't personally advocate. Obama's positions in the video are not, I think, supported by the majority of Americans: while not so aggressively interventionist as some on the right, I believe the mainstream is still sees national defense as a military matter and is distrustful of diplomacy unsupported by superior firepower. Nonetheless, Obama is saying unequivocally what his position on the issue is -- unlike HRC, who tends to speak out of more sides of her mouth than most humans even have.
So, all that to say this: in this video, Obama is doing what so many politicians avoid, which is actually stating his beliefs and intentions. Now voters can agree or disagree with him on the issues, instead of relying on tired and largely meaningless faction labels. I'd like to see more of this in presidential elections, and less of the whole "If you're a Christian/Black/Woman/Patriot, you should vote for me!"
3 comments:
Thanks for posting this. His commitment to a world w/out nukes is one of the many reasons I'm supporting him.
I must say that I'm surprised that you're posting Obama vids. I thought you were a republican.
Cheers!
Glad you appreciate the posting, though I think my lack of commentary may leave its presence at the Hermitage a bit ambiguous.
I tend Republican but I still admire honesty and forthrightness -- even when in support of positions I don't personally advocate. Obama's positions in the video are not, I think, supported by the majority of Americans: while not so aggressively interventionist as some on the right, I believe the mainstream is still sees national defense as a military matter and is distrustful of diplomacy unsupported by superior firepower. Nonetheless, Obama is saying unequivocally what his position on the issue is -- unlike HRC, who tends to speak out of more sides of her mouth than most humans even have.
So, all that to say this: in this video, Obama is doing what so many politicians avoid, which is actually stating his beliefs and intentions. Now voters can agree or disagree with him on the issues, instead of relying on tired and largely meaningless faction labels. I'd like to see more of this in presidential elections, and less of the whole "If you're a Christian/Black/Woman/Patriot, you should vote for me!"
Sigh.
Thanks David,
I agree with you wholeheartedly.
One reason that I don't trust Clinton is her pandering.
Post a Comment