I've been busy of late, so blogging has been sporadic at best (also a bit video-heavy). However, last Friday, Katie and I took a trip up to Rome, GA on wedding business and I took my camera. Here are some of the shots I liked!

This sad little statue stands in front of Martha Berry's home on Oak Hill. He reminds me of the M.R. James ghost story "Lost Hearts"--quite creepy.

I found the beetle stuck inside this tulip in an Oak Hill garden. He stayed until I'd gotten the shot.

Oak Hill also has many ornamental fountains and pools. They wouldn't have been aesthetically complete without lily pads.

Katie thought the rose petals on the stone path were picturesque. I agree.

Some funerary statuary at the Myrtle Hill cemetery.

Yet another cemetery statue.

An abandoned house on the Berry campus.

A windowpane in the house above.

Some shingles on an abandoned boathouse next to Berry's dry lake.

A shot through a window at the Possum Trot church on the Berry campus. The weirdness is due to reflection interference, but I think it looks spooky.

After our visit to Rome, we drove to Alabama -- straight into a downpour. Katie took this shot through the windshield. Yes, it was this bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment