Saturday, May 27, 2006

Mi Casa!

For those who've never seen my posh quarters, here's a guided tour! First, the apartment building, one of the clump of identical buildings that make up Laurel Oaks Apartments in Athens, GA:

And why are the apartments named Laurel Oaks? 'Cause of the oak trees. They're EVERYWHERE in Athens, but there are several particularly fine ones in this apartment complex. There'll be acorns like you wouldn't believe, come autumn. So, an oak:

Next, my spacious and practically furnished, albeit sparcely decorated, living room. The walls look rather empty, don't they? I'll get around to fixing that one day.

My kitchen is also suited to my needs. I spend a fair amount of time in the kitchen, cooking and whatnot. Mostly rice and pasta dishes, though my repertoire grows apace.

My bedroom is also big, but mostly unused. The reason should be obvious: I haven't got a mattress. This will be remedied soon, since my Athens pal Bryan is passing along to me a mattress he doesn't need.

And where have I slept for the past year, you ask? Why, on the couch, of course! Quite comfy, actually, if a bit confining.

Finally, since it can't be seen in the shot of the living room, here's the Guardian of my house: MINILLA, the cuddly offspring of Godzilla! Sculpted from the finest multicolored biodegradable packing material, Minilla stands roughly 8 inches tall. Made by my brother, Jonathan.

No comments: