So! Some things occurred to me last week, which I thought others might appreciate. As I began this summer, I expected to major financial expenditures: some car repairs and a mattress/boxspring set. I budgeted for these things, and (in fact) never once considered that they would be provided in any other way than me paying my own money.
Yet they were provided anyway. The car repairs turned out to be related to parts still under the manufacturer's warranty, saving me a great deal on both the parts and the labor. A friend in Athens, Bryan Baird, "inherited" a mattress/boxspring set along with the apartment he's moving into, and since he didn't need it, passed it along to me. Again, I was spared an expense I expected to pay.
What got me thinking was this: in both these instances, a need was met when I didn't expect it to be. I expected to shell out the cash and, indeed, was content to do so. That's the thing that struck me: that I would have been content with either of these outcomes. I wasn't backed against a wall, pleading for God to give me something I could get no other way. I didn't feel that I needed help, but I got it anyway. Perhaps it's a reminder of His goodness and generosity, like when a friend picks up the check for dinner even when he knows you can afford it. I guess I needed the reminder.
Monday, May 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
And so did I...thanks, Dave!
Post a Comment