Monday, February 12, 2007

Argh! My Neck!

Saturday morning I woke up unable to move my head. Since then it's limbered up a bit, but the pain is still pretty excruciating whenever I turn or nod my head, and darned uncomfortable even when I'm not moving at all. I must have slept wrong or something. I've got this rice-filled tube thingummy my mom gave me: I stick it in the microwave for a minute or so, then drape it around my neck like a limp and stubby anaconda. That helps some, as does Ibuprofen. Still, I've slept badly the last two nights and the problem doesn't seem to be fixing itself.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is like the Bierce Owl Creek story: I'm actually dying of hanging, and all my life up to this point is one split-second flashback. Any moment now, my neck is going to snap--but in the meantime, I feel the noose tightening...

No comments: