Friday, July 21, 2006

Chattanooga Roadtrip, avec des poissons

As I wrote before, the centerpiece of the Chattanooga roadtrip was the Tennessee Aquarium. It's a fascinating place, albeit crowded, and well worth the drive and the admission fee. Sadly, the bad lighting and my own inexperience with my digital camera prevented me from getting as many good pictures as I'd have liked. However, there are several I'm pleased with, and here they are!Some sort of giant crab--the legs would be over two feet long stretched out!A nautilus, after which Captain Nemo named his submarine.A sea turtle. I thought it surprisingly graceful, considering its unwieldy bulk on land.Some fresh water turtles from Asia or somewhere. I forgot...A stingray of particularly festive coloration.A fish. Sorry, I don't recall the proper name."You will see that my piranha fish get very hungry. They can strip a man to the bone in 30 seconds!"--Ernst Blofeld.Da-DUM. Da-DUM. Da-da-da-DA-DA-DA-DA-DUM!And a big friendly catfish to say goodbye to the nice people! (Big. As in four feet long.)

No comments: