Tuesday, September 18, 2007

South America Goes All Lovecraftian!

So, I stumbled upon both of these stories today:

Villagers fall ill after fireball hits Peru
A fireball fell from the sky and slammed into southern Peru over the weekend, creating a huge crater that emitted a sickeningly smelly gas, local authorities said. More than 600 villagers fell ill, the Peruvian radio network RPP reported Tuesday.
'Dead' Man Wakes Up Under Autopsy Knife
A Venezuelan man who had been declared dead woke up in the morgue in excruciating pain after medical examiners began their autopsy.

Carlos Camejo, 33, was declared dead after a highway accident and taken to the morgue, where examiners began an autopsy only to realize something was amiss when he started bleeding. They quickly sought to stitch up the incision on his face.
Anyone who knows H.P. Lovecraft already knows where I'm going with this: "The Colour Out of Space" and "Herbert West, Re-Animator". Sometimes it's fun when life imitates art. I'd prefer it didn't imitate Lovecraft, however -- at least, not anywhere near me!

No comments: