... by going through the taxing rigamarole that is the Microsoft software validation system. This morning Windows informed me that I was a software pirate. (Can one be a software ninja? I suppose that would have different implications.) As of now -- three phone calls to Microsoft, numerous downloads from various websites, and five Windows reboots later -- I have now convinced Windows that I am not a swashbuckling freebooter, but a legitimate, licensed schooner in Her Majesty's Merchant Marine. Or something like that.Oh, and Charter fixed my internet. Apparently some idiot cable guy turned off my cable too when he turned off my upstairs neighbor's cable. So, after telling me repeatedly that there were massive outages in my area, no-one had internet, no-one knew the reason, society had collapsed into a Mad Max movie, Cthulhu was rising and some rough beast was slouching toward Bethlehem -- after all that, my cable was just OFF. Morons.
No comments:
Post a Comment