Still got no internet, and now Windows XP is wonky. First, it won't shut down; I have to take out the battery to get the computer to turn off. Then, when I reboot, Windows can't find the startup files it needs to get Windows going again. So I boot from my Windows install disk and reinstall the components of Windows that are screwed up. Only now Windows thinks it's new: it demands that I register it! So I call Microsoft and a pleasant Asian woman gives me a 36 (or 42?) digit number to enter and register Windows, which I do. Only NOW Windows thinks it's been pirated, and constantly warns me to get a REAL copy of Windows. And Word, Excel, etc. won't work until I reinstall them, even though they're still on the computer. Sigh.I want a new computer. This time, a desktop, which I can easily modify when needed. Contributions accepted!
No comments:
Post a Comment